School Built: 1948
School Colors: Red and White
Westport was originally its own district before it became a part of Ceres Unified School District. Westport currently serves 450 students from Kindergarten through 6th grade.
Motto: Just can’t hide that Mustang PRIDE
P- Proficient: devoting oneself to academic success.
R- Respect: showing regard for yourself and others at all times.
I- Integrity: Doing what is right and being truthful and fair with others.
D- Determination: devoting oneself to completing at ask and continuing in spite of difficulties
E- Excellence: Striving for your personal best at all times.
Westport’s Mission Statement
Welcome every student
Encouraging a love of learning
Specializing in meeting individual needs
Teaming up with community
Promoting perfect attendance
Opening the door to the future
Reaching the CA State Standards
Teaching is our passion!
We believe that:
1. The purpose of schooling is to create a community of learners who, within a challenging environment, are interested and responsible.
2. Students have a right to a safe, secure learning environment.
3. School is a place of academic learning, which should provide standards-based instruction and inspiration to pursue lifelong learning.
4. Schools should recognize and develop the uniqueness of every child, there by enhancing his/her self-esteem.
5. Students should develop mutual respect and appreciation for diversity.
6. Schools,families and communities should work together to foster the academic growth of every student and instill the values of honesty, perseverance, fairness, and respect.
7. Schools should help prepare individuals to live functional, healthy, productive lives.
8. Schools should provide learning opportunities for all types of learners to enable every child to experience success.
Westport School students will be:
1. Able to accommodate and assimilate the impact of a rapidly changing world.
2. Receptive to learning throughout their lifetimes and able to work with their own strength sand limitations to make and achieve personal goals with confidence.
3. Receiving the skills and education necessary to be healthy, independent, cooperative, and productive members of society using compassion and life skills to promote a healthy community, state, nation, and world.
4. Knowledgeable about the world and its environment along with being able to interact cooperatively with all people and divergent philosophies.
5. Aware of and appreciate the differences and similarities among others.
Westport Elementary School is a tobacco free school.
Westport Elementary School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.